Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Paella

It's been almost a year since I've posted - I've been remiss!  But then, I didn't feel I had much to blog about...until now!  I've just returned from my latest European vacation, and this trip included an overnight excursion to Valencia, Spain - home of Paella.  Now, I didn't think I'd be able to find a Paella I could eat, but...

When we first arrived in Valencia, we took an afternoon wine and snack break at Palo Alto in the historical center.  When the wife of the chef (and I assume restaurant co-owner?) found out we were vegetarian, she invited us to make a reservation that evening, and her husband would make a veg paella for us.  So we did!  And boy, was it worth it.  This was no ordinary vegetable paella - they went all out with amazing ingredients.  Two words: trumpet mushrooms.  Need I say more?

When the salad came out, we knew we were in for a treat.  If the salad was this good, the paella could not disappoint. 


Then, the paella arrived.


Not a green pea in sight!

The after paella picture, I think, tells the whole story.


Oh, and did I mention that we had the entire back terrace area exclusively to ourselves?  In 70 degree weather?

Don't hate. 

1 comment:

  1. Suezq, the salad looks delicious. Is that asparagus across the top? It all looks very, very good. Thanks for the share!

    ReplyDelete