Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Survived another Monday.....barely.

Monday just happened to me again.  In fact, it happened to everyone again.  And as far as I can tell from social media posts, the existence of the hashtag #MondayMotivation, articles about Sunday and Monday blues, and my own informal surveys among friends, pretty much no one likes Mondays. 

So I'm not alone.  

But what I can't tell is if other people experience Monday in a way that rises to the level of clinical depression.  I'm talking about a near-crippling emotional and physical response.  Every.  (Working) Monday.  Come Tuesday - while not quite 100% - the emotional weight has lifted, and I've regained my will to live.  People who meet me or see me at the end of the week or on weekends would not recognize the person I am on Mondays - antisocial, short-tempered, profoundly sad, distracted, enervated, indifferent, hopeless.  

Unfortunately, there are no once-a-week pop-a-pill fixes to this sort of depression.  So I've tried other solutions: relaxing Sundays and ensuring a good night's sleep, rewarding myself with a special treat to look forward to on Mondays, working from home on Mondays, fixing myself up really nice when I go into the office on Mondays.  Nothing works - except holding out until Tuesday comes.

There has to be a better way than going through every seventh day like this.  Ideas welcome.  

No comments:

Post a Comment