Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Rome

My favorite city in the world. This was my 8th visit in 8 years, but this time it was mostly to see friends, not to sight-see or use Rome as base camp for adventures farther afield.


Which is not to say that I didn't take advantage of the trip to visit some of my favorite spots - the Enotec'Antica on the Via delle Croce (near the Spanish Steps) ... a glass of Barbera d'Alba + some bruschette make for a lovely, lovely snack.

The Campo de'Fiori for a negroni (two days in a row!), though sadly, my favorite place - the Taverna del Campo - has been turned into a CHAIN "mozzarella bar." Sacrilege.

A walk in the footsteps of the gladiators...


The Palatine Hill at dusk...


And the Vittorio Emanuele II monument...


Sadly, after just four short days (and plenty more pizze rosse), it was time to go, but more adventures and friends awaited me in Paris...

1 comment:

  1. You know I lived directly across the street from this view during my semester abroad in Roma.

    ReplyDelete