Monday, March 8, 2010

Terri

On Friday, I checked out a new vegan eatery in New York City's Flatiron/Chelsea neighborhood (three blocks from my office!!) - Terri, which I learned about here on Supervegan, but which was also reviewed here at VegNews. I ordered the Bacon Cheddar Chicken Ranch and Meatball Sub (dinner for two - I'm not a total glutton) - and I had a VERY hard time choosing just two items from the mouth-watering menu. Needless to say, the sandwiches were OUTstanding.

What's great about Terri is that it doesn't make any sort of fuss about being vegan - meaning, an unsuspecting meateater might wander in and be surprised after one delicious bite that it's all cruelty-free. The "cheese" is listed as "Daiya mozzarella and cheddar," which vegans know is an awesome new product that came on the market last year, but which non-vegans might assume is just some brand of mozzarella or cheddar. Hehehe...little do they know, and they certainly couldn't tell by tasting.

Talk about normalizing the vegan diet. This is a great start! And I can't wait to go back and try out the other items - next time, I might even throw in a vegan cupcake for dessert! :)

(Postscript: In fact, as it turns out, I just made last minute plans to eat there again tonight!)

2 comments:

  1. sounds yum, i'll totally check it out with you sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Suezq,

    I'm Craig, one of the owners at Terri! Thanks for your review and I'm so happy that you liked our sandwiches!

    "What's great about Terri is that it doesn't make any sort of fuss about being vegan - meaning, an unsuspecting meateater might wander in and be surprised after one delicious bite that it's all cruelty-free." That's my favorite part, too! Everyday we have tons of non-veg and even plenty of anti-veg people coming in, trying vegan food and being blown away that there wasn't any meat or dairy in what they had. And that's exactly what I'm trying to do - normalize the vegan diet.

    I'm glad you liked it. :-)

    Hope to see you again soon, and next time you come in, come say hi and have that cupcake you wanted on me! :-)

    Craig

    ReplyDelete